Thursday, April 21, 2011

Theme Thursday-Television


Today's theme is televison, so I am going to talk about my favorite long-ago televison shows.



Petticoat Junction is an American situation comedy produced by Filmways which originally aired on the CBS network from 1963 to 1970.
I had a big crush on Steve.

Dark Shadows is a gothic soap opera that originally aired weekdays on the ABC television network, from June 27, 1966 to April 2, 1971.
I couldn't wait to get out of kindergarten to go watch Dark Shadows. I remember when Barnabas came to Birmingham.
 
 
Nanny And The Professor is a U.S. fantasy situation comedy created by AJ Carothers and Thomas L. Miller for 20th Century Fox Television. During pre-production, the proposed title was Nanny Will Do.[1] The series first aired as a mid-season replacement on January 21, 1970, on ABC and was last telecast on December 27, 1971.

A refreshing show...


I have favorite television shows from other era's, but these are my favorite from a different time.
They don't make them like this anymore.

 

4 comments:

Meryl said...

I LOVED Petticoat Junction. "There's a little hotel down the Shady (tracks? bend?) called the Junction...Petticoat Junction. It is run by Steve come and be his guest at the Junction. Petticoat Junction. And there's Uncle Joe he's a movin' kind of slow at the Junciton." sad that I still remember the theme song...


Great post.

Shanae Branham said...

I never saw Petticoat Junction, but it sounds like a great show!
Thanks for sharing.

upinthecosmos said...

I used to love Dark Shadows, they used to replay the episodes late at night when I was in school. Stop in & read The Boob Tube

R.J. Edwards said...

I loved Petticoat Junction and I remember my grandmother watching Dark Shadows on the little black & white while she worked in the kitchen.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates