Sunday, October 20, 2013

Forgiveness Book Review

Disclosure: I received a copy for review from Book Sneeze. However, all opinions are my own.

Whether giving or receiving, forgiveness is the key toward true healing and blessing. This is so true. When my youngest daughter passed away a few months ago, I was devastated but also angry. I couldn't let go and forgive those who had hurt my daughter or me. The bitterness and anger I held inside tore me apart. I just couldn't let go and forgive. When I received my copy of Forgiveness Overcoming the Impossible
by Matthew West I was ready to open up my heart and forgive.

It took a lot of courage for Matthew West to go on a journey and talk  to people about healing through forgiveness. Reading their stories helped me find hope and forgiveness. I also learned not to hold on but to let go.

If you are in a place where you can't forgive or even need forgiveness, pick up a copy of Forgiveness.

Book Description

Whether giving or receiving, forgiveness is the key toward true healing and blessing.
God says there are no limits to forgiveness toward others or ourselves. And when Matthew West set out on a journey asking people to share their true life stories, Renée shared about how she chose to forgive the drunk driver who hit and killed her daughter.
This remarkable story and others like it bring peace and healing to the one needing and the ones giving forgiveness. Fifty powerful stories share forgiveness through divorce, betrayal, addiction, abandonment, death, and more. Each story ties into the promises of God’s faithfulness and healing, and ends with the story of God’s ultimate forgiveness through the message of salvation.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I believe I made a comment on one of your other blogs! Just found you and your blogs today. Forgiveness is essential and is important for our health and wellbeing. It is so nice to find another Elliott. :)

parrillaturi said...

Beautiful homage. Very touching. The love you still have for your daughter continues to touch many hearts. When my dad passed away, I experienced similar feelings, frustrations, but I came to the realization, that the Lord continued to demonstrate His love for me, in more ways than I can describe. Blessings to you, and your loved ones.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Have a write kind of day!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates